Monday, March 2, 2009

Next Step... India... here we come!

It has been awhile since we have had any new news about India. Well, not a lot of news, but I am awaiting an email back from Dr. Patel to tell us what our next steps are. She told us to contact her in March, and of course... I was counting down the minutes. Stephen and I are both ready to start this journey. We are enjoying watching Stevie grow up, but we want to give him a sibling (or two). We are planning on going to Anand this June. We have made arrangements for Stevie to stay here in the US with our family. We did not want to bring him on a trip like this, but we will miss him dearly. Three weeks away from our little munchkin is incomprehensible right now.

With that being said, here is the update on Stevie. He is 22 months old. I can't believe how fast he has grown. This second year went much faster than the first. He is speaking in sentences now with 3-4 words or more. He has become very demanding and good at throwing tempers. Stephen says he is stubborn, like me, but I don't see it. Haha. We actually had some real deal snow today. We got about 3-4 inches. He loved playing in the snow. We took out his Tonka trucks and let him drive them around the backyard. He is asleep now, this is our second attempt at a nap. We are cutting him back to one nap a day, but it doesn't always work. Earlier this morning, I went through all his baby clothes and started organizing them. We decided to save all clothes for his siblings. It wasn't until recently though that I have had the strength to go through them.

Stephen and I have been through more in our 3 years of marriage than I ever want anyone to go through. He has stayed true to our vow of "sickness and health." It seems like half our marriage has been getting through my "sickness" so to speak. I don't know how I would have ever gotten through this without him. I have had 3 surgeries and many other "office procedures" that he has stood by my side. It still makes me cry everytime I think of what he has gone through. We don't dwell on the negatives as much as we used to. But, we are human and every so often, we have our down moments. We never thought that we would be going to India to have our next baby, but hey, we are ready for the ride!!

5 comments:

Karissa said...

Daria - Not only are you one of my oldest and best friends, but you are my "go-to girl" for mommy advice. You are a wonderful mother to Stevie and I know you will continue to build wonderful memories as you and Stephen create even a bigger, more loving family. You are both so blessed to have each other and to have found each other. Please know that what you are doing is inspiring and I am so lucky to have you in my life.

Anonymous said...

I wish you and Stephen the best as you begin your journey. You and Stephen have been through a lot and now it's time for things to move in a positive, exciting direction. Stevie will make a wonderful big brother! I will be here during your journey should you need anything. :)

JOD said...

Looking forward to hearing (and reading) all about it.
The blog looks good! :)

jackie506 said...

WOW, this is incredible, you both are so strong it is Awe- Inspiring. I know God is with you every step of the way. Please know that all 3 of you have my heart filled love and support. You are such a good mother and father, and Stevie is going to make an great big brother. I am excited to watch as your family grows. What an incredible journey in your lives. Love, hugs, kisses and prayers- Jackie

HammockGuy66 said...

Daria - Your name sounds familiar... Maybe from the many emails. I just wanted to say that Stephen sounds like a heck of a good guy! With him at your side and others who clearly support you in this quest, please have positive thoughts and forge ahead. India is indeed a culture shock. Just put the blinders on, and focus on the prize! Thanks for joining the forum. I hope it will make you and Stephen as well-informed and prepared as possible... Tony