Monday, March 9, 2009

Confusion

Well, we finally received an email back from the Dr. in India. For some reason, things were just not adding up for this trip to Anand. Some of my surro-buddies have been clueing me in to what it is really like there and some issues that made us a little leary. Believe me, we did our research, spoke to references, and emailed a ton, but lately things have just been turning in my head. We are contemplating going with a different clinic and doctors. We have heard so many positive reactions about this facility and staff, that it is almost a no-brainer. The only draw back that we can find is it is a little more expensive. I will also have to get my own IVF meds. I don't think that will be much of a challenge. The one very big positive about that is I can start my meds here and fly to India in the middle of my cycle. This would mean less time in India. We have a lot to think about right now. Unfortunately, we don't have too much time. We don't want to miss the chance of a June cycle. It's times like this that I wonder why these things happened to me from the beginning. It would be so much easier if I could just get pregnant on my own... but life's not perfect. We have to take the good and the bad. (Enter sappy moment here.)


On the other hand, Stephen had a great weekend. We played outside almost all weekend because the weather was simply gorgeous here. He already has a skinned knee and a bit of a tan. He loves to push his little lawn mower and take "Buppy" for a walk around the neighborhood. We went to one of our favorite parks this weekend. We met some of my mommy group friends there and Stephen saw some of his little friends. He had such a great time and learned how to go down the slide.

Last week, I felt very crafty. I made a seat cushion for our "mud area." This is really just a three foot wide cut out of the wall with two hooks, a shelf, and a bench. Well, I went to the craft store, bought foam, batting, fabric, and wood. And.... there you have it, a beautiful cushion. Stephen likes to try to lay on it (with our help). Then... Stephen and I decided to bake an apple pie. I know.... I was baking. He loved it. He stood on a stool right next to me for an hour or so and mixed ingredients and ate apples. He loved cooking with me and now always wants to be in the kitchen when we are making anything from chocolate milk to chicken cutlets.

Here's another picture of Stephen. We were getting ready for church and he kept running away from me. I couldn't get him to sit still to put his shirt on. Yes, he is still super skinny, and yes, Aunt Cathy, we are feeding him. hehe. He must have some of those Schreck genes ;)

2 comments:

Rhonda and Gerry W said...

What beautiful pics of you and your little one!!! freegaragesale.com for you meds. we saved a bundle! Email if you want help with it. Keep your chin up it will happen for you.

hugs,

jackie506 said...

No Sappy moments..... Just remember that God only gives you what you can handle, and the ones that seem over-whelming are the ones he is taking care of for you.
The only advice anyone can give you is stop fretting on the what was, ignore the What-if's and just deal with the What-is. Fr. Joe told me that, and it gets me through all of my rough patches in life.
You have a wonderful and supportive husband, a beautiful child, and a great family. Not to mention an awesome sister (okay awesome is an over-used word but I think in this case it is appropriate) (LOL)

You know I luv ya's <3